1. Who are you? What do you do? I’m just a regular gal with far too many words and stories in my head.
2. What is your writing process? Do you follow a regular routine? When I need to get words out, I make time to sit at my computer and type. I tend towards a fairly regular routine but if the words aren’t there, it’s best to go out and get on with other things.
3. What are the most important elements of good writing? According to you, what tools are must-haves for writers? Imagination and a belief that whatever you’ve got to say, somebody out there is going to like it.
4. What motivates you to write? I love all aspects of the writing process. Writing stories is only one part. Beyond that is learning about marketing (via sites such as whattoreadafter50shades!). I’ve also been very blessed in making friends with other writers, which is incredible.
5. Do you ever suffer from writer’s block? If so, what do you do about it? If the words aren’t coming I get on with my day. They always come back, whether it’s that day or the next, or the one after that.
6. Do you have any advice for other writers? Believe in yourself and tell the tale you want to tell.
7. What is the message in your book? What are your readers’ reactions to it? Overall I get pretty good responses to my stories. I write in a number of different genres, with the romantic books covering the ‘clean and wholesome’ right up to extremely explicit. Blurbs and reviews give an indication of content so as long as a reader reads them and is prepared for what’s to come, all seems to be good.
8. Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it? I learn with every book I write. That is one of the great things I love about being an author. There is so much to learn all the time.
9. What are your current/future projects? There are books in process for three of my existing series – Forbidden Conflicts (romantic suspense), The Golden Desires (fantasy paranormal romance with a sliver of time travel), and my new series, Freedom of Flight. Each of these is definitely ready for the next chapter so my goal is to get them out in coming months.
10. What book(s)/author(s) have influenced your life and writing? Cynthia Harrod Eagles is by far the author I read most books by, however this year I’ve read lots of books by less known authors and I am loving that. There is so much talent out there that no-one ever sees or hears of.
11. Is there any other information you want to share? Sign up for my newsletter via my website. Each month you’ll get updates of new books coming out, price drops and even freebies – yes, freebies!!
Author Website: http://authorannmpratley.wixsite.com/writingisbliss